Calories per portion: 317kcal
- 2 ripe bananas (roughly 80-100g each)
- 170g coconut flour (OR gluten free flour/ plain flour)
- 115g sugar of your choice (I used granulated)
- 25g dessicated coconut
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 140ml water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celcius/350 degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas Mark 4, and grease and line a brownie tin, or a small loaf tin.
- Using either a fork or potato masher, mash the two bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Sieve flour to remove any lumps and add to the banana, along with the sugar, coconut, oil and water.
- In a small bowl, add the bicarbonate of soda and 1 tbsp of water. Mix thoroughly then add to the mixture and gently fold.
- Pour into the lined tin, and bake for 50 minutes, or until the loaf has risen. To check it is cooked through, stick a knife through the middle, and if it comes out clean you’re good to go.